Monday, December 28, 2009

"not me" Monday


being brutally honest and living to tell about it


It has been quite a while since I last participated in "not me" Monday....so I figured it's about time!

I have not been struggling with severe bouts of "pregnancy brain".

I have not been putting perishables in the pantry instead of the fridge, newly packed leftovers in the dishwasher, and forks that look like this in the cabinet with the baking dishes.


My wonderful husband did not sacrificially put aside his Type A personality (once again) while he lovingly showed me said fork he found in the cabinet with the cookie sheets.

I did not wash the same load of laundry 4 times because I kept forgetting to put it in the dryer. In Florida, forgotten wet laundry=smelly laundry.

I do not have my children trained to quickly pick up anything I drop on the floor so I don't have to attempt bending over in my current pregnant state.

I will not burst into tears if one more person exclaims "your kidding!?!" as they gawk at the size of my belly and hear that I have a two months to go before my due date.

I will not scream if one more person asks me "Are you SURE you're not having twins?" (as they gawk at the size of my belly). "Yes ma'am, I'm sure there is only one baby in there...."

I did not naively pose in front of this tree while my husband took a picture, only to realize later that he wanted the shot because he thought it was funny that the tree looked pregnant too....


What did you not do this week?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i totally cracked up when I saw the pregnant tree! so funny! And for all those that think you are having twins... it's only because you are all belly and didn't gain any where else! You are soooo beautiful pregnant! If I saw you from behind I wouldn't even know you were pregnent! And I just delivered twin girls two months ago... and trust me I was twice your size! Can't wait to see your new little one! How exciting to meet someone new on blogger. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Sue from Oregon said...

I always laugh at your Not Me Monday posts!

jen@odbt said...

LOL about pregnancy brain. I haven't been prego in 5 years and I still do stuff like that ;) I think I looked like that with 3 months to go...the look on people's faces when I told them my due date - priceless. I think their jaws dropped. Hope you're feeling well and enjoyed the holidays.

Joey said...

Hi Kristin

oh hunny you are absolutely blooming! you and bump look gorgeous! :O)

I had to laugh at your pregnancy bouts, funny how it grabs you, mine is the old forgetful thing, my mind really has become a sieve!
and Bless your husband that piccy still makes me grin.

I wish you a fabulous New Year.
Joey.xxx

Kaleena said...

That pregnant tree totally had me rolling!

pondering said...

OH MY! That picture is CLASSIC! LOL. You should keep that forever, maybe submit it to some photo contest!
BTW, you look GORGEOUS! You are thin, beautiful and radiant! I only wish I looked this beautiful...and I'm not even pregnant or anything.
You are cute pregnant too, your belly shows because you are so thin.
Well, and the pregnancy brain thing...lol. That's been happening to me a little bit lately too, but it's not pregnancy brain anymore (obviously), so I call it... early 40's pre-dementia brain. ha!