Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Life Is A....

whirl⋅wind

–adjective
4. like a whirlwind, as in speed or force
–verb (used without object)
5. to move or travel quickly

I don't know what other word to use to describe my last week and a half! At the end of January, my husband went to Florida for work.....and before I knew it....we were all in Orlando for a month! He was asked to stay on beyond the original 10 days of his business trip and he agreed as long as we could join him, so here we are!

With just a couple days notice, I packed up myself and the kids, tied up loose ends at home, arranged for a dog and house sitter, put myself, 3 small children, a stroller, 3 car seats, and 4 suitcases on a plane. At this point, we will be home soon....I just haven't posted in awhile. I had envisioned leisurely days while my husband was working - I thought I would have a lot of free time away from the regular duties of home, being able to keep up my blog and a variety of other things.... Turns out, my kids wear me out just as much in Florida as they do at home! Go figure. (this explains why my blog is still celebrating Valentines Day which was 4 days ago)

We have been blessed...although my husband has been working a tremendous number of hours, we are still able to see him more than if we were at opposite ends of the country. We have already spent time as a family at Sea World and Aquatica (Sea World's water park) and I even took the kids to Epcot and Animal Kingdom on my own (how's that for brave?) We are staying at a beautiful place with an amazing pool for the kids...and the weather has been sunny and averaging 75 degrees! We really couldn't ask for more when it comes to how well we have been taken care of. I am now completely reaping the benefit of homeschooling our first grader. If Kylie were in regular school this year, we would not have this opportunity - and I am so thankful!

I am also super thankful to have gotten on line tonight to find this from my (truly) delightful friend, Teresa who was thinking of me from the far reaches of Spain! Thank you Teresa - you made my night! I love visiting Teresa's blog as I aways find something new (with her current tech-savvy-ness) and beautiful creativity - she inspires me....check it out!!

What this award is all about.....

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbon of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers.

(and she thought about ME when she read this!)

AND.....
This reminded me of an award I got a while back from Joey in the UK.... I saved it to my desktop, and never posted it! You know, it is often the little things that make a difference in my day....God knew I needed a bit of encouragement tonight (rough night) and forgetting to post this before was like receiving it again today!

I can't even begin to describe the AMAZING things you will see if you visit Joey's blog - so you have to see it for yourself! (And to top it off, she's a sweetie!)

Good night to all....I'll be back to soon to close out Valentine's Day! :)

2 comments:

Joey said...

Awww Kristin hunny, such kind words.xxx

Love the piccy above, you always get such great pics. glad the time in florida is going well, ooooh I can only dream of the weather to be that good here lol, raining again today :O( lol.xxx

Unknown said...

Isn't God so good. Wow...and the awesome weather and upexpected vacation trips!! You are abundantly blessed. The Lord knew He that in store for you, but He wanted to surprise you. We miss you!!!!

God Bless you girl!!
Adrienne