Monday, February 23, 2009

"Not Me! Monday"


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

We don't need a priest in order to have confession 'round these here parts! MckMama created Not Me! Monday for the purpose of confessing our shortcomings and imperfections to each other since, after all, we are all only human.

On our plate this week.....

While we enjoyed another week in sunny Florida, we did not spend the majority of the past week indoors while the stomach flu ravaged through the ranks. The flu did not hit us one by one, thereby keeping us all trapped in our timeshare for 5 days (5 days that seemed like 45).

Our little ones have complete control their natural reflexes. Therefore, this week was not like a constant recurrence of “that scene from Poltergeist”.

While holding my oldest daughter between vomit sessions (hers and mine), I did not repeatedly say to her “I know sweetie, you’ll feel better soon” while in my mind thinking, “please don’t throw up on me, please don’t throw up on me!”

On a solo late night trip to Walmart, I did not end up turning into the Sea World parking lot by mistake (don’t ask). Because it is all One Way, I did not end up having to drive through what seemed to be miles of lanes and cones in a dark, empty lot all the while wondering how I would explain to my husband how I got stuck in Sea World when I was supposed to be at Walmart. World-traveler that I am, that would never happen to me.

I do not continually neglect my 3 year old’s improper grammar just because I think it is so cute when she insists, “I amn’t!!” (which is her contraction for “I am not”) I would not do that because proper speech is very important to me.

As we stood in line to see “The Lion King” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, I did not begin to swell up with pride as the people next to us exclaimed how adorable our 3 year old is. I did not then turn and wonder where her right index finger went - oh yeah, it was all the way up her nose!

I’m sure there are many other things I would love to not share with you, but to be honest, we have all been too sick to think 'round here, so stay tuned for more as our minds start to work again!

What did you not do this week?

3 comments:

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Great list! I hope you all are feeling better...there is nothing like the whole family being sick and while you are on vacation no less!
Here is hoping for a better week...
Happy Not Me Monday!

Unknown said...

Oh I hope you all get better soon and can enjoy your vacation. It has happened to us all at once too I know how it is...only we were in our own home. Take care and heal quickly.

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

It's me again...thanks for the sweet words.

I nosed around your site and saw that cute Wordless Wednesday pic of you and and one of your daughters smooching...You should definitely join in on the 52 week challenge to get mamas on the other side of the camera!