Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Cards I Can Enjoy

I love all the Christmas cards that come in the mail and I keep many of them, but during the holiday season they usually end up in a stack on the counter as I never really found a good place in this house to keep them on display without them looking like clutter. So, the other night I decided to put some wide ribbon I had to good use. I used my hot glue gun to attach a strip of ribbon on clothespins to make them a bit more festive. Clipping the cards to the ribbon, I hung 2 ribbon/card strips on both sides of the brick around our fireplace.
I had to hold back from getting out the paint and all sorts of supplies to REALLY decorate the clothespins. My husband was watching me and I was afraid I would forfeit the right to complain about how much I have to do if he watched me spend heaps of time decorating clothespins :) Next year I will use more colorful ribbon though. Anyhow, this took about 15 minutes and we can now enjoy our Christmas cards!




4 comments:

Abby said...

Wonderful cards...I couldnt find your email address, but use semi sweet choc chips...sorry I will fix the recipe! I thought one of these recipes might get ya! LOL

Abby said...

oops, it says abby..m my daughter must have been on here LOL...this is Sue!

pondering said...

Oh and today is Christmas Eve! Merry Christmas, Kristin... and Merry Christmas all her friends!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! I love that idea. Do you mind if I use that for next year. This year our little reindeer wreath could not take all the cards and photo cards. So with the photo cards I made a photo card tree on my front door. It is cute and is still on display.

Great idea!!

In His Love,
Adrienne