Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Countdown

Half the family has the sniffles so, needless to say, we won't be going to church this morning. I don't think the other moms would appreciate me bringing germs around 4 days before Christmas. Wow, 4 days 'til Christmas! This seemed to be a particularly long year for me, but as usual, once Christmas rolls around I marvel that it is already here!
Friday night we took the kids to a live nativity scene at a local church. I didn't know anyone still did live nativity scenes - I hadn't been to one since I was a child. There was a petting zoo, a choir of angels singing Christmas Carols, a presentation of the Christmas story with live characters and animals, hot chocolate and cookies! The kids loved it......We all did!






It's not very often you get your picture with Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus!


We also watched The Nativity Story again last night. I had forgotten what a great movie it is... (if you want to watch these clips, be sure to pause the music player)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Where was that live Nativity Scene at? I so want to go Next year. Next year I really want to solely reflect on the Lord and how He came into this world. Which church was that at?

In His Love,
Adrienne