Monday, January 12, 2009

Marie Antoinette Award! (except this pic is Madame de Pompadour!)

My sweet friend Teresa from the far reaches of Spain has honored me with this award!


Thank you Teresa!

I am now supposed to:
1. Link to the person who gave me the award (that is Teresa)
2. Nominate 7 more persons
3. Link the nominees and let them know about this award
4. Post the award on my own blog

I'll be back to do my nominations - but for now....

I don't remember much about Marie Antoinette from school (and I fell asleep in the movie), all I could remember was that she was at one time the Queen of France and was beheaded in her late 30's for the crime of treason. Knowing that was most likely NOT the message behind this award-lol-(well, I assumed that); I decided to look her up (I often do weird things like that). Pretty interesting stuff - if you like history, this is a good read on Marie Antoinette .

Thanks again Teresa for the honor - and another opportunity to learn! :)

Note: I have edited the title of this post because someone pointed out that this portrait is actually not of Marie Antoinette! It is a painting of Madame de Pompadour who was born, Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson. You can read more about her here....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to be lame, but the image you're showing is Madame de Pompadour (Louise XV's former Mistress, followed by Madame du Barry), not Marie Antoinette...

Kristin said...

Anonymous:I don't think that is lame in the slightest. I am actually happy to learn something (especially when I posted something that was wrong) and am glad you pointed it out. I don't know where this award originated, but I did read that Madame de Pompadour was born Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson, so perhaps someone got the 'Antoinette' confused as this was passed along the way (?)... anyhow, thanks for the heads up.